Asian Beef & Noodles
A very simple noodle dish for dinner
– 1 lb hot sausage
– 2 (3 ounce) packages oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles
– 6 ounces stirfry vegetables, frozen
– 2 tablespoons green onions, diced
– 1 tablespoon ground ginger
– 2 tablespoons soya sauce
1. Boil ramen and vegetables till tender.
2. In a skillet, cook the sausage for about a minute, and then add ginger and green onions.
3. Drain noodles & vegetables. Add soy sauce and 1 oriental spice packet to noodle mixture.
4. Combine all together and mix well.
Sri Lankan Deviled Tuna With Rice
– 2 Medium Tuna steaks
– 1/2 Cup Tomatoes
– 1 Piece of Ginger (chopped)
– 3 Cloves of Garlic (chopped)
– 3 Tablespoons of Cooking Oil
– 1/2 Small Onions (for garnish)
– 2 Tablespoon Soya sauce (optional)
– 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
– 1/2 Teaspoon of Pepper
1 Wash the tuna very well with cold water.
2. Now add 1 tablespoon of soya sause and salt mix well. Let it marinate by setting a side for about 30 minutes.
3. Heat the oil in a large sauce pan and lay the marinated tuna steak to the sauce-pan.
4. Fry both sides until the tuna steak is light brown. Then set aside.
5. Then add onion, garlic and ginger into the sauce pan and fry them for about 7 minutes.
6. Now add the tomatoes and cook for about 10 minutes.
7. Now add the fried tuna steaks to the sauce pan.
8. Cook it for about 10 minute
9. Meanwhile add 1 table spoon of soya sauce, pepper and salt. Mix them together.
10. Add chopped onion in to the dish as garnish.
11. Serve the dish with rice.
Macaroni and Cheese
– 5 tablespoons butter, plus more for making the dish
– 1 pound elbow macaroni
– 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
– 6 cups whole milk
– 4 cups grated Cheddar cheese
– 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 Heat oven to 205° C. Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish or some other shallow 3-quart baking dish.
2. Cook the pasta according to the package directions
3. Wipe out the past pot and melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes (do not let it darken). Still stirring, slowly add the milk. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce slightly thickens, 6 to 8 minutes.
4. Add the Cheddar, pepper and 1½ teaspoon salt and cook just until the cheeses melt. Mix in the pasta. Transfer the pasta mixture to the prepared baking dish and bake until golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
5. Ready to serve.
– 1 1/2 cups warm water (40°C-45°C)
– 1 package (2 1/4 teaspoons) of active dry yeast (check the expiration date on the package)
– 3 1/2 cups bread flour (can use all-purpose but bread flour will give you a crisper crust)
– 2 Tbsp olive oil
– 2 teaspoons salt
– 1 teaspoon sugar
– Olive oil
– Tomato sauce (purée)
– Mozzarella or Parmesan cheese, shredded
MAKING THE PIZZA DOUGH
1. Add warm water to a large bowl and sprinkle on the yeast and let sit for 5 minutes until the yeast is dissolved. Stir to dissolve completely if needed at the end of 5 minutes.
2. Mix in the olive oil, flour, salt and sugar and knead until the dough is smooth and elastic for about 10 minutes. If you don’t have a mixer, you can mix and knead by hand. If the dough seems a little too wet, sprinkle on a bit more flour.
3. Place the ball of dough in a bowl that has been coated lightly with olive oil. Turn the dough around in the bowl so that it gets coated with the oil. Cover with plastic wrap. Let sit in a warm place (24-30°C) until it doubles in size, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours (or several hours longer, a longer rise will improve the flavor).
BAKING THE PIZZA
1. Preheat the oven to 230° and Divide the dough in half. Form two round balls of dough. Place each in its own bowl, cover with plastic and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Prepare your desired toppings.
3. Take one ball of dough and flatten it with your hands on a slightly floured work surface. Starting at the center and working outwards, use your fingertips to press the dough to 1/2-inch thick. Turn and stretch the dough until it will not stretch further. Let the dough relax 5 minutes and then continue to stretch it until it reaches the desired diameter – 10 to 12 inches. Use your palm to flatten the edge of the dough where it is thicker.
4. Brush the top of the dough with olive oil (to prevent it from getting soggy from the toppings). Let rest another 5 minutes.
5. Transfer the prepared flattened dough to the pizza tray, spoon on the tomato sauce, sprinkle with cheese, and place your desired toppings on the pizza.
6. Bake the pizza until the crust is browned and the cheese is golden, about 10-15 minutes. If you want, toward the end of the cooking time you can sprinkle on a little more cheese.
Your Pizza is now ready to serve!
– 1 pound (450g) spaghetti
– 1 large head broccoli (230g)
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
– 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
– 1/2 rotisserie chicken, meat shredded
– (2 cups)freshly ground black pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions. Drain, reserving ½ cup of the cooking water.
2. Meanwhile, cut off the broccoli stalk, peel it, and thinly slice it crosswise. Cut the remaining broccoli into small florets.
3. Heat half the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
4. Add the broccoli, garlic, and ¼ teaspoon salt and cook until garlic is lightly browned and broccoli is fork-tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Add the pasta, reserved pasta water, chicken, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and a few grinds of pepper. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
6. Add the crushed red pepper and toss well. Drizzle with the remaining oil before serving.
Great for potluck dinners: An easy baked pasta dish with lots of cheese bound together with beaten eggs and then baked and served with spaghetti sauce (you can opt for a bottled option or a homemade sauce.) Optional : Add cooked chopped chicken or minced beef before baking. Serves: 4-6... Read More »
Great for potluck dinners: An easy baked pasta dish with lots of cheese bound together with beaten eggs and then baked and served with spaghetti sauce (you can opt for a bottled option or a homemade sauce.)
Optional : Add cooked chopped chicken or minced beef before baking.
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 3/4 small onion, chopped
– 3 green onions, chopped
– 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
– 1-1/2 (28 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
– 2 tablespoons dried basil
– 2 tablespoons dried oregano
– 1-1/2 teaspoons white sugar
-8 oz .spaghetti
-400 g shredded Cheddar cheese
-60 g grated Parmesan cheese
-1 teaspoon oregano
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon black pepper
-4 eggs, beaten
-1/4 cup butter, melted
-2 cups spaghetti sauce
-1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. In a large saucepan heat oil over medium heat. Saute onion, green onion and garlic. When onions are clear, stir in tomatoes, basil, oregano and sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Cook spaghetti until almost tender and drain
3. Combine spaghetti with both types of cheese, oregano, salt, pepper, eggs and butter; mix well.
4. Butter pan. Pour mixture into pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top of the pie then bake for 5 minutes longer, until cheese melts.
This basil coconut chicken curry recipe is a favorite. It’s fairly easy to pull together and tasty (no leftovers!). Use chicken thigh meat instead of breast meat for a richer chicken flavor. Ingredients -1/2 teaspoon salt -1/2 teaspoon ground coriander -1/2 teaspoon cumin -1/2 teaspoon... Read More »
Basil Chicken in Coconut Curry Sauce
This basil coconut chicken curry recipe is a favorite. It’s fairly easy to pull together and tasty (no leftovers!). Use chicken thigh meat instead of breast meat for a richer chicken flavor.
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
-1/2 teaspoon cumin
-1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
-1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
-1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
-1/4 teaspoon chili powder
-1/4 teaspoon turmeric
-1 lb skinless, boneless chicken thighs (you can use breasts, but the thighs are more flavorful)
-1 large red onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
-5 cloves garlic, minced
-2 Tbsp olive oil or grape seed oil
-1 14-oz can coconut milk
-2 teaspoons cornstarch
-1 teaspoon tomato sauce
-3 Tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
-1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
-Hot cooked rice
1. In a small bowl, mix together the salt, ground coriander, cumin, ground cloves, cinnamon, ground cardamom, chili powder, and turmeric. Set aside.
2. Rinse chicken, pat dry. Cut into 1-inch pieces. Put into a bowl and sprinkle the spice mix over all the pieces. Coat well and let sit for 30 minutes at room temperature or in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
3. In a large skillet heat 1 Tbsp oil on medium high heat. Add the onions and cook for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Remove the onions, peppers and garlic from the pan and put into a medium sized bowl. Set aside. Use the same pan for the next step.
4. Add 1 Tbsp oil to the skillet and heat on medium high heat. Add one half of the chicken pieces, spreading them out on the pan so they are not crowded. Brown for a few minutes on each side. When the chicken pieces are cooked through, and no pink remains, remove from pan, add to the bowl with the onions. Cook the second batch of chicken pieces the same way. Remove from pan, add to bowl with onions.
5. Add the coconut milk, minus a couple tablespoons, to the skillet. In a small bowl, mix the remaining coconut with the corn starch to dissolve the corn starch. Add the corn startch mixture back to the skillet with the coconut milk. Cook on medium heat and stir till thick and bubbly. Mix in the sauce. Add chicken mixture, basil, and ginger. Cook 2 minutes more to cook through.
Serve over rice.
Ingredients -2 tablespoons Dilmah t-Series Rose with French Vanilla Tea -32 large shrimps -2 tablespoons sesame oil -Chopped garlic -2 tablespoons crushed ginger -200g spinach leaves -1 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds -1 tablespoon black sesame seeds -100g paprika (cubes) -200ml water -Jasmine... Read More »
Marinated Shrimps and Dilmah Rose with French Vanilla Tea
-2 tablespoons Dilmah t-Series Rose with French Vanilla Tea
-32 large shrimps
-2 tablespoons sesame oil
-2 tablespoons crushed ginger
-200g spinach leaves
-1 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
-1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
-100g paprika (cubes)
1. Brew the tea using 200ml water.
2. arinate the shrimps in the tea for 10 minutes.
3. Pour oil into a pan and fry the shrimps. Add sesame, sliced paprika and spinach. Season with ginger, garlic, salt and pepper.
4. Cook the jasmine rice and flavour with Rose with French Vanilla.
5. Place the spinach on the plate and add the shrimps on top. Add the spring onion with the jasmine rice. Sprinkle curry powder and raisins.
Tree tomatoes (Tamarillo)