– Olive oil (more costly), or vegetable oil which tastes just as great.
– Paprika, Seasoning (optional) or choose another kind such as cinnamon or chili powder – all to taste, choose your favorites
– Serve with a tub of chilli sauce or tomato pasta sauce (optional)
1. Scrub the amount of potatoes needed until they are clean. Do not peel them. Cut away any discoloured parts of the potatoes that don’t look appetizing.
2. Cut each potato in half.
3. Cut each half into wedge shapes.
4. Place the wedges in a large bowl. Pour in just enough oil to cover each wedge. Alternatively, shake them in a plastic bag to coat them in the oil (which saves one less dish to wash). Use old bread bags or other recycled bag.
5. Add the spice, salt, herbs, whatever you would like and mix well.
6. Place the wedges on a baking tray or oily sheet. Make sure that each wedge is positioned on the base of the tray or sheet, in its own place; don’t crowd them or layer them. If you need more space, use more baking trays or sheets.
7. Bake in an oven at 180ºC. Bake until both sides are golden brown. Before removing all of the wedges from the oven, remove one to check to see if it is soft on the inside.
8. Serve with sauce of choice, while still hot.