– 12 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
– 1/4 cup mayonnaise
– 1/4 cup prepared yellow mustard
– 1/4 cup sweet pickles, chopped
– 1/4 cup red onion, diced
– 1/2 avocado – peeled, pitted, and mashed
– 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
– salt and ground pepper to taste
– 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chilli pepper
1. Slice eggs in half lengthwise and scoop yolks into a bowl.
2. Mash yolks with a fork and stir in mayonnaise, mustard, sweet pickles, red onion, avocado, jalapeno pepper, salt, and black pepper until thoroughly combined.
3. Spoon filling into egg halves and sprinkle each deviled egg half with a pinch of ground chipotle chilli.
– 6 tomatoes, diced
– 2 cloves garlic, chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, peeled
– 3 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 1/4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
– 8 slices Italian bread, cut about 1 inch thick
– 2 tablespoons grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
1.Whisk together chopped garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper, and basil.
2. When combined slowly drizzle in oil.
3. Add tomatoes and let sit for 20 minutes at room temp.
4. Meanwhile back at the bat cave, toast the bread.
5. This can be done either in the toaster (if it’s got really wide slots) or under the broiler (if using this method watch closely so it doesn’t become a brickette).
6. When the bread is toasted rub each piece, on one side, with the whole garlic pieces.
7. Place the bread on a cookie sheet and top with tomato mixture.
8. Sprinkle on a little cheese and broil till the cheese melts (you can skip that last broiling bit and it’s equally as wonderful).
9. Serve immediately.
10. The tomato mixture also makes a wonderful vinegrette for an antipasto salad.
– Olive oil (more costly), or vegetable oil which tastes just as great.
– Paprika, Seasoning (optional) or choose another kind such as cinnamon or chili powder – all to taste, choose your favorites
– Serve with a tub of chilli sauce or tomato pasta sauce (optional)
1. Scrub the amount of potatoes needed until they are clean. Do not peel them. Cut away any discoloured parts of the potatoes that don’t look appetizing.
2. Cut each potato in half.
3. Cut each half into wedge shapes.
4. Place the wedges in a large bowl. Pour in just enough oil to cover each wedge. Alternatively, shake them in a plastic bag to coat them in the oil (which saves one less dish to wash). Use old bread bags or other recycled bag.
5. Add the spice, salt, herbs, whatever you would like and mix well.
6. Place the wedges on a baking tray or oily sheet. Make sure that each wedge is positioned on the base of the tray or sheet, in its own place; don’t crowd them or layer them. If you need more space, use more baking trays or sheets.
7. Bake in an oven at 180ºC. Bake until both sides are golden brown. Before removing all of the wedges from the oven, remove one to check to see if it is soft on the inside.
8. Serve with sauce of choice, while still hot.
A very simple noodle dish for dinner
– 1 lb hot sausage
– 2 (3 ounce) packages oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles
– 6 ounces stirfry vegetables, frozen
– 2 tablespoons green onions, diced
– 1 tablespoon ground ginger
– 2 tablespoons soya sauce
1. Boil ramen and vegetables till tender.
2. In a skillet, cook the sausage for about a minute, and then add ginger and green onions.
3. Drain noodles & vegetables. Add soy sauce and 1 oriental spice packet to noodle mixture.
4. Combine all together and mix well.
– 2 Medium Tuna steaks
– 1/2 Cup Tomatoes
– 1 Piece of Ginger (chopped)
– 3 Cloves of Garlic (chopped)
– 3 Tablespoons of Cooking Oil
– 1/2 Small Onions (for garnish)
– 2 Tablespoon Soya sauce (optional)
– 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
– 1/2 Teaspoon of Pepper
1 Wash the tuna very well with cold water.
2. Now add 1 tablespoon of soya sause and salt mix well. Let it marinate by setting a side for about 30 minutes.
3. Heat the oil in a large sauce pan and lay the marinated tuna steak to the sauce-pan.
4. Fry both sides until the tuna steak is light brown. Then set aside.
5. Then add onion, garlic and ginger into the sauce pan and fry them for about 7 minutes.
6. Now add the tomatoes and cook for about 10 minutes.
7. Now add the fried tuna steaks to the sauce pan.
8. Cook it for about 10 minute
9. Meanwhile add 1 table spoon of soya sauce, pepper and salt. Mix them together.
10. Add chopped onion in to the dish as garnish.
11. Serve the dish with rice.
– 5 tablespoons butter, plus more for making the dish
– 1 pound elbow macaroni
– 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
– 6 cups whole milk
– 4 cups grated Cheddar cheese
– 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 Heat oven to 205° C. Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish or some other shallow 3-quart baking dish.
2. Cook the pasta according to the package directions
3. Wipe out the past pot and melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes (do not let it darken). Still stirring, slowly add the milk. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce slightly thickens, 6 to 8 minutes.
4. Add the Cheddar, pepper and 1½ teaspoon salt and cook just until the cheeses melt. Mix in the pasta. Transfer the pasta mixture to the prepared baking dish and bake until golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
5. Ready to serve.
– 1 cup packed brown sugar
– 1 cup shortening
– 2 eggs
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
– 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
– 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
2. Mix sugar and shortening until smooth and fluffy. Beat eggs and add baking soda which has been dissolved in 1 tablespoon hot water.
3. Sift flour and salt together and add to the creamed mixture. Add vanilla and fold in nuts and chocolate chips.
4. Drop by spoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
5. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes.
This chocolate cake is made from pantry ingredients and requires little cooking experience. Just throw everything in the bowl and mix it up!
– 1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
– 1/3 cup cocoa, sifted
– 1 cup castor sugar
– 1/3 cup butter, softned
– 1/2 cup milk
– 2 eggs
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and flour or grease and line a 24cm cake tin and set aside.
2. Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix on high for 4 minutes.
3. Pour into cake tin and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly touched in the centre.
4. Remove from Cake Tin and serve!
– 1-1/2 cups chocolate wafers crumbs (about 24 crackers)
– 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
– 2 tablespoons sugar
– 1/3 cup butter, melted
For the Filling:
– 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 2 eggs, separated
For the Topping:
– 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
– 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
– 4 egg yolks
– 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
– 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
– Chocolate dessert decorations and whipped cream
1 In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, pecans and sugar; stir in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet.
2. Bake at 190°C for 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 160°C.
3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla. Add egg yolks; beat on low speed just until combined. In a small bowl, beat egg whites on high until stiff peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour into crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate until completely cooled.
5.In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes. In a small heavy saucepan, whisk egg yolks, sugar and coffee. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches 70°; stir in vanilla. Whisk in chocolate mixture. Set saucepan in ice and stir until cooled, about 2 minutes. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over cheesecake and refrigerate until set. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with dessert decorations and whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers
– 5 cups watermelon, seeded and chopped
– 3 tablespoons superfine sugar
– 2 tablespoons grenadine
– 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
– 1/8 teaspoon salt
– 2 1/2 cups sparkling water, unflavored
– mint leaf (to garnish)
1 Pulse watermelon in food processor until pureed.
2. Pour into fine-mesh sieve set over a large bowl and let stand for 20 minute or until juice has drained through, stirring once or twice. DO NOT press puree or syrup will become cloudy. There should be about 2 Cups of watermelon juice. Discard the pulp.
3. Stir sugar into watermelon juice until dissolved.
4. Stir in grenadine, lime juice and salt.
5. Pour 1/2 Cup watermelon syrup and 1/2 Cup sparkling water into glasses and top with ice.
– 2 1/2 cups white sugar
– 6 cups water
– 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry flavored gelatin mix
– 1 (46 fluid ounce) can pineapple juice
– 2/3 cup lemon juice
– 1 quart orange juice
– 2 (2 liter) bottles lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
1. Bring the sugar, water, and strawberry flavored gelatin to a boil in a large saucepan; boil for 3 minutes. Stir in the pineapple juice, lemon juice, and orange juice. Divide mixture into 2 separate containers and freeze for 8 hours.
2. Combine the contents of 1 container with 1 bottle of the lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage in a punch bowl; stir until slushy. Repeat with remaining portions as needed.
-60ml Chilled Dilmah Ceylon Supreme Tea
-15ml Cold Milk
-1 scoop Vanilla Ice Cream
-3 pods Cardamom
-Few drops of Grenadine Syrup
Brew the tea, strain and refrigerate.
Mix the tea and cold milk with the cardamoms and strain.
Pour Grenadine, the milk tea and top off with the ice cream to create a layered effect.
Type of Glass
Grated dark chocolate on the ice cream