– 1 pound (450g) spaghetti
– 1 large head broccoli (230g)
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
– 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
– 1/2 rotisserie chicken, meat shredded
– (2 cups)freshly ground black pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions. Drain, reserving ½ cup of the cooking water.
2. Meanwhile, cut off the broccoli stalk, peel it, and thinly slice it crosswise. Cut the remaining broccoli into small florets.
3. Heat half the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
4. Add the broccoli, garlic, and ¼ teaspoon salt and cook until garlic is lightly browned and broccoli is fork-tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Add the pasta, reserved pasta water, chicken, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and a few grinds of pepper. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
6. Add the crushed red pepper and toss well. Drizzle with the remaining oil before serving.