Great for potluck dinners: An easy baked pasta dish with lots of cheese bound together with beaten eggs and then baked and served with spaghetti sauce (you can opt for a bottled option or a homemade sauce.)
Optional : Add cooked chopped chicken or minced beef before baking.
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 3/4 small onion, chopped
– 3 green onions, chopped
– 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
– 1-1/2 (28 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
– 2 tablespoons dried basil
– 2 tablespoons dried oregano
– 1-1/2 teaspoons white sugar
-8 oz .spaghetti
-400 g shredded Cheddar cheese
-60 g grated Parmesan cheese
-1 teaspoon oregano
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon black pepper
-4 eggs, beaten
-1/4 cup butter, melted
-2 cups spaghetti sauce
-1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. In a large saucepan heat oil over medium heat. Saute onion, green onion and garlic. When onions are clear, stir in tomatoes, basil, oregano and sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Cook spaghetti until almost tender and drain
3. Combine spaghetti with both types of cheese, oregano, salt, pepper, eggs and butter; mix well.
4. Butter pan. Pour mixture into pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top of the pie then bake for 5 minutes longer, until cheese melts.